Oh, wow. It's been awhile. I was talking with my mom today and telling her some of the funny things the girls were up to and she said that I better be writing this stuff down. Then I remembered why I started this blog in the first place!
Anyway, life is crazy now that I'm back at work full time. I wake up around 5 am and am at work around 7 am. Finley is now 13 months and is on whole milk. No more nursing, sigh. She is a great eater, though- will eat most anything you put in front of her and act like she hasn't eaten in days. While we're fixing dinner she'll follow us around and open her mouth and say, "Ah, ah, ah!" wanting us to give her pieces of food. Sometimes she'll sign "more" when we remind her to. She'll also sign "milk" if she wants milk sometimes. We didn't really push the sign language and still don't do it that much, but we should. Finley's not near as verbal as Peyton was, so signing would be a help, although we understand what she wants just fine. Finley's also walking now and we bought her her first pair of shoes- little two-tone pink shoes, size 4 1/2 wide from Stride Rite. I think Tim's already concerned about the money he's going to be spending on the three of us girls when it comes to shoes! Finley also likes to color with chalk on the chalk board and lately wants to turn the lights on and off whenever you'll hold her up by the switch.
Peyton is less than two months away from turning 4! I can't believe how time has flown. I like to look back at her baby pictures and try to remember how she was. She's still a feisty red-head. She has been giving us a glimpse into the teenage years recently. One of her favorite sayings right now is, "You're making me worse and delicate!" She says this when we tell her not to do something. She also gets into everything so we're trying to teach her not to touch other people's things. It's not going very well. She's definitely our challenge right now- always active and head-strong. If we can make it until she's an adult, she'll turn out to be a great woman! I have to remind myself that children are a blessing from the Lord!
Our house is finally getting over the sickies. Finley had a sinus infection, Peyton had a stomach bug that we later found out was strep (rapid test was negative but the culture was positive) and I had strep throat as well. So, three of us are on antibiotics. There's stuff going around, but I hope we don't get anything else for a long time!
Okay, that's all for now. I'm going to go switch laundry and then try to get to bed! I'll try to get some pictures up on here and Flickr- Amy's wedding, the girls, etc.
9.13.2009
Posted by Jenny at 8:42 PM