7.15.2009

Busy

As you can imagine, summer for teachers is prime time for travel. We''ve made two trips to Dallas and one longer trip to Phoenix this summer. I can proudly say that I've taken both girls on an airplane by myself! Not an easy feat, but worth it to get priceless 4-generation pics with my grandmother who is 88. I've also worked some around the house(need to do much more), and spent a lot of time watering the yard since we haven't had any rain in a long time (like 1 out of the last 38 days, maybe?).

The girls are wonderful. Peyton is going to church camp one day a week and loving it, although she was the only one who freaked out about having quiet time and having the lights turned off. She got to go for a walk with one of her teachers instead so everyone else could have quiet time. We start swimming lessons with her next week. I think she'll do great- she loves the water and has been swimming without any floatation help recently. She just needs to learn the strokes. She is potty trained during the day and has learned how to pedal and steer so she can ride her big girl bike. She is learning some bible verses by memory and is also doing better with coloring, drawing, and tracing. Her favorite letter to draw is P, of course. I'm so proud of all that she's learned recently.

Finley is growing like a weed. She's in 6-12, 12-18, or 18-24 month clothing depending on what it is. She is standing on her own for a little while until she realizes it, crusing around on all the furniture, and crawling fast. She is a decent eater, and loves flavor- some things like green beans she won't eat plain, but if it has any kind of sauce on it she'll gobble it up. She still loves her cloth diapers, too!

I start school again in a few weeks, so I'm going to try to make the best out of the rest of my summer!